Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why We Give

Celebrating a Community of Christ Followers

Your giving to Belmont allows the church to provide ministries that have a direct impact on countless lives in our own church, in our local community, and throughout the world. For example, your giving allows the church to minister to the needs of children and youth, including our vibrant co-ministry among members of our youth group and children in the Golden Triangle fellowship. Sarah Kessen, a long-time member of our youth group, writes of her experience of being in ministry each week with the children of the Golden Triangle Fellowship: “As I grew to love and to care for GTF kids, I grew to realize that I wanted to do that for the rest of my life. I have watched young children be transformed into beautiful young adults, with joy in their hearts and laughter in their eyes; I’ve heard stumbling English becoming sure and strong; I have been blessed with the opportunity to be transformed by my family in the Golden Triangle’s stories and have a hand in their children’s transformation from child to young adult.”



Belmont UMC 2010 Operating Budget Campaign

No comments: