Saturday, June 16, 2007

Heifer Ranch Experience Reflection by William

William's Reflection...

"When we arrived at Heifer International I wasn’t sure what to expect. Throughout the week however, we became more learned about what Heifer does. Through a number of not only service projects, but numerous highly educational classes it became apparent exactly what Heifer does. Everyday we were asked to do devotionals that asked us questions or made us look up bible verses as well as journaling in or journals. I’m sure I speak for a lot of people, when I say that the Global Village was one of the most interesting experiences I have had in a long time. The food was for the most part very good and our lodgings were excellent. We each had a one roommate and a bathroom in the rooms that we stayed in. The counselors were very loving and protective, and they ensured that we would come home in one piece at the end of our trip. When we left Heifer I was sad to see it go as many people where. This was an experience that I will never forget and I hope that I get the opportunity to go back sometime."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William, thanks for sharing your experiences in Arkansas. I'm convinced that you are better informed and more willing to support this type of ministry.