from him comes my salvation.
Psalm 62:1 (NRSV)

"Waiting for God"
Celia Muregerera, 22 [Cape Town, South Africa]
Have you been there-
the place where every though you attempt
is contrary to what you believe?
It is earth-shaking.
Have you felt it-
the feeling of total helplessness,
wanting and trying to do something about it
but unable even to imagine being free?
It is heartbreaking.
Have you heard it-
the sound of discouragement
every time you speak,
when even good words bring no hope?
It is lonely there.
Yes I wait. I wait for the Lord,
for God is my help, my great reward
as I lose every part of me that relies on me
and God teaches me humility,
as I begin to say, "I cannot do this on my own."
Have you been there?
That's where my journey takes me.
Reflect: When you feel helpless and hopeless, what does it mean to you to wait for God?
2 comments:
wow! this one is a thinker! i like to poem! ;-)
It is a well written poem, that offers much food for thought.
Lately I have been praying the Psalms and reading Habakkuk as I wait for the God.
lar
Post a Comment