"Act"
John H.
We act the way we do for the greatness of God.
When people hear my rhymes about the Bible, they just sit there and let their heads nod.
You see Noah built the ark because that’s what God wanted him to do;
He took two of every animal – lion, tiger, dove, turtle, kangaroo, just to name a few.
God brought the flood to overpower and wipe out living flesh;
Without Noah’s loyalty, we wouldn’t have nature’s presence looking so fresh.
As I think of what Noah did to show his obedient attitude;
People go all over the world to show God’s work at different points of longitude and latitude.
God doesn’t ask us to do the unthinkable;
As we can see what Noah built was unsinkable.
The word act is defined as a thing done or a deed;
The church we’re in right now is a place that helps the homeless in need.
I see the acts of God almost everywhere I look;
Seeing the youth help with the Golden Triangle kids reading a book.
The joy that comes over you when doing what’s right;
It just feels good going to sleep and knowing you showed someone the light.
Look to your neighbor and never forget God’s glory;
Always remember the words in the Bible that tell Noah’s unforgettable story.
God said that He would destroy man which He had created;
God’s love is so strong; we’re here right now, so it can’t be debated.
It poured down rain for forty nights and forty days;
Just remember God’s grace and love and how they beam down on us just like the sun’s rays.
We are the people of Belmont United Methodist Church;
God is here with us today; no need to look, so call off the search.
We go to places like Mexico and South Africa for mission trips;
Take these words to heart as they come from my own two lips.
I’m a young man who is willing to do whatever it takes;
Acting upon what God wants hasn’t been nor will it ever be a mistake.
I have the courage and bravery to prevail over evil and win;
Without Noah’s service to God I wouldn’t be standing right here preaching the word of God and saying AMEN.
1 comment:
Lovely, John. Truly inspiring! Sorry I missed it!
Keller
Post a Comment