Yesterday we lived and slept in the Global Village. Sleeping on rocks in the slums living in "Zimbabwe." It wasn't as bad knowing that we would be able to be back in our beds the next night, but in the back of my mind I was thinking that 1 billion people of the 6.8 billion people in the world are living in worse slums than I am. All of our villages came together that night to make dinner. The groups individually might not have been able to feed themselves alone but when we came together we had enough food to share with everyone.
We found out that this was true again, when a group of people went into town (Little Rock) to visit the Heifer Center there we got to visit the building that sends animals and trains people how to take care of the animals. The experience of going there allowed the 9 of us to experience something great and good for the environment.
Whatley H., rising 8th grader
Dear Belmonters,
Last night I has a miserable night sleeping on rocks, but we still had a great time with my friends. I saw God in how we all worked together to have a good meal and fun in there with friends. We had scrambled eggs, rice, veggie stew, and cornmeal crisps. The crisps weren't good, but everything else was. We had a good time and learned a lot. Can't wait to get home.
Reed B., rising 8th grader
No comments:
Post a Comment