Hello Friends of BUMC Youth Ministries!
We are happy to share we made it safely to Heifer Ranch International Learning Center outside of Perryville, Arkansas, and are receiving the sweet blessings of God through creation, community, joy-filled activities, rest and fabulous animals.
We are one of two groups participating in the Summer Action Program this week. The other group is from a United Methodist Church in Colorado. They have 6 youth and 3 adults, and we are so a like in more ways than our UM roots and group size.
It's great!
One or two of the seven Jr. High youth participating in the experience will share a reflection each day. Please check back daily to read the ways the youth are encountering God here at the Ranch.
Peace of Christ,
lanecia
Today I saw God in may ways. I saw God in the teamwork that our group displayed. We all encouraged each other and worked together to reach our goal.
Today I saw God in the way our group became friends with the other group. At breakfast we didn't sit together. We were both at our seperate tables. Then at lunch we all sat together and talked. We also played games together at free time.
I saw God in many ways today.
Kate P., rising 8th grader
I saw God in many places today. I took part in the Agro/Forestry class. There I saw God and His creation in the trees, which we all promptly cut down. There was also an animal class, in which participants took care of God's creations such as chickens and goats. This has been and is going to be a fun, as well as spiritual, experience.
Will J., rising 8th grader
No comments:
Post a Comment