














When I first heard of Heifer camp I thought it would be pretty fun. When I actually got here I thought it would be even better. Then after the first day and meeting our new friends from Grand Junction, Colorado, it was just AWESOME!
So far my experience has been great and Heifer was just amazing. For you people reading this, please, I strongly encourage you to at least read about Heifer and what they do. If you think you'll enjoy it, then try it out. If not just donate, but either way thanks for reading this.
Kaleb T., rising 8th grader




Before leaving home Sunday, Ciona gave me a piece of advice, "Lanecia, when you get on the van tell the team, 'Friends just like Vegas, what happens at Heifer stays at Heifer. What happens in the Global Village, stays at the Global Village."
"True, true," I said, remembering the number of overplayed moments that have at times haunted me the past 2 years much to Kate and T.J.'s dismay. :)
However my experience this year, like the one before, is one that I hope to have many opportunities to share with others and will chew on for days to come. There were also a number of transformative moments that I don't want or need to leave here, just like before.
I heart Heifer Ranch!
I heart the youth of Belmont UMC!
I heart the connection and community the youth from BUMC and Grand Junction formed for us.
I look forward to coming back home, living into new ways of thinking & being, preparing to cross the ocean with another great group of young people, loving with our friends in Southern Africa and being a empty cup that God can fill daily. Most of all, I look forward to receiving daily and loving the life offered me through the God of Jesus Christ. This has been one amazing journey with a beautiful Creator, Savior and Friend.
Peace of Christ.
lanecia a. rouse
1 comment:
Yay!
Post a Comment