
Hello Friends!
Each day I become painfully aware of the sufferings that exist in the world both near (as near as 21st Ave) and far (as far as Burma). After church Sunday morning, God placed a desire within my heart to began a weekly practice of being in intentional prayer for the sufferings of this world. This is a practice I did while in Leeds with friends in my community with whom I served in a ministry with asylum seekers and those seeking refuge in England. We would gather in my home and pray for 2-3 hours. I kid you not. :) This was a new thing for me. It took me a good month to get comfortable with the practice, but eventually I found my whole being craved sharing that sacred space with my friends each week.
Well, Monday morning I reserved the sanctuary 30 minutes before every Wednesday night youth ministries opportunity this summer for a time of prayer. I would be honored if any or all of you would join me. The invitation is extended to anyone, regardless of age or affiliation with the youth ministries of Belmont UMC.
Honestly, it is not going to be real structured. I imagine there will be silence (if you know me, LOTS of it), spontaneous prayers, possibly some music, time to share the sufferings & needs of the world, moments of giving thanks for the glimpses of the Holy Spirit at work in the world, as well as many many divine surprises.
Come open and ready to join the groans of creation with friends, as we continue to long for redemption.
Next week I will be in the sanctuary at 5 pm. If you are able and desire to enter into this sacred practice with friends, come join me.
Peace of Christ.
lanecia
2 comments:
Hey guys-
Just letting you know that the prayer time this past week was really good. It's a wonderful time to step back from your day. Lots of silence, which is good. It's also very good to think/pray for people you don't normally think about across the world.
It also helps with your current events! haha....
Keller :-)
Thanks. Im Inspired again.
Post a Comment